1. Hello Guest, if you are having any kind of issues with the site, please email Admin@BrokeAuto.com and let me know what is going on. I will do what I can to get the issue resolved quickly. This site is still a work in progress and there is a lot to be done so any info you can give me will really help. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have disabled email verification due to some email issues. Now, just fill out your info and your done. I have also gotten rid of the reCaptcha and I'm now doing a noCaptcha where you just click a check box. Super simple and faster than ever! Please let us know if you have any issues or need to be verified. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Mopar Adding turbo

Discussion in 'Engine' started by bigone5500, Sep 6, 2018.

1. bigone5500

bigone5500 New Member

If one were to want to add a turbo system to an engine, what has to happen besides purchasing the parts necessary? Can turbo be added to any engine?

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Can it be added to any engine? Yes. But you have to add the supporting mods to make it work properly.

Take a carborated engine for example. If you are running 7psi fo fuel pressure, and you are pushing 7psi of boost, then you will get NO fuel flow and you will starve the engine. So you have to raise the fuel pressure as the boost comes up with a boost controller.

If you are running EFI, then you need to tune it for the boost so that you don't lean the engine out.

What are you planning on adding a turbo to?

3. bigone5500

bigone5500 New Member

Another late reply... I really was just curious about it. It came to mind whilst pondering how to get more power out of my 3.7L engine. I'll not be modifying it or anything. It already gets bad fuel economy.

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Actually adding a turbo can net you better mpg IF you can keep your foot out of it. Makes it easier if you don't put one of these pop off valves on it hahahahaha.