1. Hello Guest, if you are having any kind of issues with the site, please email Admin@BrokeAuto.com and let me know what is going on. I will do what I can to get the issue resolved quickly. This site is still a work in progress and there is a lot to be done so any info you can give me will really help. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have disabled email verification due to some email issues. Now, just fill out your info and your done. I have also gotten rid of the reCaptcha and I'm now doing a noCaptcha where you just click a check box. Super simple and faster than ever! Please let us know if you have any issues or need to be verified. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Bitchin' '83 S-10 Project (56k Warning!!!)

Discussion in 'Bitchin' Projects' started by Tony, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

That's the life of a trucker right there.

2. rfriedline1

rfriedline1 New Member

Auto Body Tech
    Yeah well about time for me to do what I love to do. So if we want anything fabbed up for that truck! I'll be at the shop through the week!

3. Tony

So just a question for the family. Are you guys still pretty much seeing the truck below, but maybe a different color, when we are done with this thing?

But without the top chop....
    1575.jpg

4. Bryan

Bryan Super Moderator

I can't complain about that truck sleek and clean is always good.

5. rfriedline1

rfriedline1 New Member

Auto Body Tech
    I'm good with whatever needs to be done!
    I'd like to see roll pans and flush tailgate! Mini tubbed with 10.5..... but that's me. Lol

I have connections with a guy out of Florida who does hoods. All fiberglass.

Have a buddy with a full down draft paint booth locally too.

And a buddy with a cnc machine!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2018
  6. Tony

The mini tub is probably going to happen. We definitely need either a new hood, or I need an argon bottle to weld on a cowl. The paint, well, we are going to do that here since I don't have a trailer to move it, and really don't want to move it or pay someone else to do it lmao. CNC... Can't think of anything off the top of my head that would require that machine.

7. rfriedline1

rfriedline1 New Member

Auto Body Tech
    I have access to a trailer and no need to pay someone. and we have welders! Mig, tig, stick, and everything that goes with them! We can get the hood done if that's the way you'd like to go.
    Hell to be honest we could just build a cowl!
    About to be full time in the shop so we can do anything metal work wise! Including the mini tub. Cake work. We can talk more!

8. Tony

We'll figure it all out eventually. Right now, I just want to get the engine built, the transmission rebuilt, and get it stuffed in there.

9. rfriedline1

rfriedline1 New Member

Auto Body Tech
    Custom headers coming out the fender with a full exhaust system and cut outs and be like...... nahhh that's just for show!

10. Tony

Um, no.... Headman shorties into flowmaster 40's dumped at the rear... lmao

11. Bryan

Bryan Super Moderator

I'm thinking full exhaust all the way back and electric cutoffs hidden under the truck. Anyways I agree Tony engine transmission first and foremost and go from there.

12. Tony

Definitely going to need some wheels and tires for this thing... That is a couple grand alone...

13. Bryan

Bryan Super Moderator

Yea wheels and tires certainly are not cheap. what size wheels are we wanting to do?

14. Tony

Definitely 15" unless you want to go 16's. Nothing bigger IMO. Width, I was thinking about 6" up front and about 10" out back. Give it that good pizza cutter look, but still able to drive it on the street. Or, we can put 9.5's all the way around on it. I do think I tried to mount some camaro wheels to it and they ended up hitting the brakes. Even being 16's...

15. rfriedline1

rfriedline1 New Member

Auto Body Tech
    Jegs has some really nice wheels fairly cheap!

16. Tony

Five Finger Discount Cheap? I can afford that.... lmao

17. rfriedline1

rfriedline1 New Member

Auto Body Tech
    Be about 600 for wheels. 15 or 16x10?

18. Tony

This project has officially started! I will start on the intro video tomorrow and see if I can get it ready for a Saturday upload. Can't wait to start turning wrenches!!!

19. rfriedline1

rfriedline1 New Member

Auto Body Tech
    Sweet. That's awesome!

20. Tony

Yea, there is a massive amount of work that needs to go into this truck. First is cleaning out the bed of the truck. Pretty much turned into a catch all. We put a few bags of crushed cans in the back getting ready to take them to the recycling facility. Well, little did I know, those trash bags don't make it that long in the sun. So it looks like we just tossed cans into the bed lol. Once that is cleaned out, we can get the bed off and see about doing the mini tub on it. Not sure this is going to happen any time soon. From there, remove the front clip, engine and trans and start fitting the V8 in there with the 700r4 and see if my radiator idea will work.

From there, it's all about body work, cleaning the frame, and getting it ready for paint. The engine needs to be rebuilt, and speaking of that, we are putting in a 360ci (yes, you read that right) SBC but not sure what cam quite yet. I want something that sounds good, but not something that will get 6mpg... I have had one of those, well, 3.5mpg actually, and they are not fun, not at all. Okay, they are fun, but holy hell you had better hit the lotto because you will be driving from gas station to gas station!

I'm still trying to decide on wheels and tires. I really like the Pro Stars, but damn they are expensive! I'm thinking we may have to go with 17's on this truck because of the brake calipers. 16's hit. But the 15" steel wheels that it has now are just fine. Figure that one out...

So it has begun! This has been a very long time coming and it is finally happening!