1. Hello Guest, if you are having any kind of issues with the site, please email Admin@BrokeAuto.com and let me know what is going on. I will do what I can to get the issue resolved quickly. This site is still a work in progress and there is a lot to be done so any info you can give me will really help. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have disabled email verification due to some email issues. Now, just fill out your info and your done. I have also gotten rid of the reCaptcha and I'm now doing a noCaptcha where you just click a check box. Super simple and faster than ever! Please let us know if you have any issues or need to be verified. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Ford Fusion

Discussion in 'Misc.' started by Jacob Davis, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Jacob Davis

Jacob Davis New Member

I have a 2011 Fusion with almost 200K miles. Nothing has been done to her except regular oil changes. Any thing I need to do to keep her on the road?

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

I saw this yesterday but didn't have time to respond. 0230 came very early this morning...

If your car is an automatic, you should be doing a trans flush (with a machine to take out ALL old fluid) about every 75000 miles. They say 100,000 miles, but better safe than sorry. Every 25,000 I would replace the filter and change out the oil in the pan. With a Fusion, you likely have trans fluid in your Differential so that would be replaced with a flush. Keep an eye on your plugs, they are good, if iridium, for 100,000 miles.

Of course you need to change the fuel filter about every 10,000 miles or so.

Check your CV boots for cracks and if you find any, replace the boot before it costs you an entire CV Shaft. You should also have your Radiator flushed every 100,000 miles as well since it does get contaminated. Of course this will depend on what kind of driving you do, but I suspect it is all highway, or mostly highway so 100k is about right. Wheel bearings should be sealed and non-serviceable on that car so unlike older models where you could repack them, you just replace these when they go bad.

Other than that, Just keep doing what you are doing. Yes, Flushes are expensive and no I don't do it. lol. But, I beat the ever loving hell out of my cars... An automatic transmission is a "wearable item" since the clutches wear out. If you have a manual, Just replace the fluid every 75K or so and you should be fine. You will need to replace the clutch every now and then though. And just an FYI, a trans rebuild is about $1500. I think you have gotten more life out of that trans than normal. But @fran11784 would know better than I on that matter since that is what he does lol.