1. Hello Guest, if you are having any kind of issues with the site, please email Admin@BrokeAuto.com and let me know what is going on. I will do what I can to get the issue resolved quickly. This site is still a work in progress and there is a lot to be done so any info you can give me will really help. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have disabled email verification due to some email issues. Now, just fill out your info and your done. I have also gotten rid of the reCaptcha and I'm now doing a noCaptcha where you just click a check box. Super simple and faster than ever! Please let us know if you have any issues or need to be verified. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Old Plastic Makes It Hard To Shoot A Video...

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Tony, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to my old radio dying, I was going to put in a new radio in the Z. But this time, instead of just twisting the wires together and taping them up (this car doesn't have a factory plug on it anymore) I decided to solder and heatshrink the wires for the new radio plug. Just as I start soldering the very first wire, I look over and I see no mic action. The battery on my receiver died and I lost all of that footage. I decide to go ahead and use the onboard mic to finish the project and I finally get all of the soldering done.

It was when I was pushing the housing for the radio into the plastic adapter that things went sideways. On an LT1 4th Gen Camaro, the plastic adapter has a foot on the left side that goes to the dash. Well, while pushing that piece of metal in, that leg snapped straight off. I tried to glue it, but it's just too old to hold anything.

The wife and I head to walmart to get a new one, and they dont' have one. I'm going to have to order one of these friggin things. Or am I... It can't be that hard to MAKE this one work.... :thinking:

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Because of the recess design of this adapter, there is no way I can make one in the time I had. I decided to just make a set of legs for it and screw them on. This actually worked surprisingly well. This install is going down as the hardest head unit install of all time, that is for sure!