1. Hello Guest, if you are having any kind of issues with the site, please email Admin@BrokeAuto.com and let me know what is going on. I will do what I can to get the issue resolved quickly. This site is still a work in progress and there is a lot to be done so any info you can give me will really help. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have disabled email verification due to some email issues. Now, just fill out your info and your done. I have also gotten rid of the reCaptcha and I'm now doing a noCaptcha where you just click a check box. Super simple and faster than ever! Please let us know if you have any issues or need to be verified. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

What Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Tony, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Here is something positive to look at if we do Sim x for BA... iRacing DOESN'T FRIGGIN CRASH!!!!! Not like Phoenix anyway.

2. Tony

Working on the server. User permissions are all jacked up for some reason and I'm having to go through and edit every single one of them. If I have to do one more chown I'm going to bang my head into a wall lmao. But it is starting to work. Thankfully.

3. Tony

A difficult day to say the least. Sorry about not posting or doing much work on the site today. Other projects are kicking my butt right now.

4. Tony

0400 alarm. Wow was that way too early...

5. Tony

Just stupid busy lately. I apologize for not posting much.

Yesterday I received a few packages. First package was a very small one with no return. I open it up and it's two tail shafts for a helicopter that I don't even have anymore. I guess they had a glitch in their system lol.

Second was computer components that I will explain in a bit.

Third was my VDM Module for my Aquarium controller. Yes, I have a controller on my saltwater aquarium. So I spend quite a while getting that connected up and programmed. Now I can control my lights from anywhere in the world. I think it would be fun to push out a lightning storm at 0300 when my wife is just chillin' in the house lmao. But I now have the lights programmed onto the Apex and the only other thing I have to order is a controller for my main pump (on and off is so 2017...) and I need to order a new refugium light. Mine died a couple days ago.

Now for the computer parts. A member on my other forum sent me his computer after Office Max told him he needed a new computer. I told him they were likely just trying to sell an overpriced computer to him. So he sent it to me for me to look at. After a few hours of testing and reinstalling the OS, I came to the conclusion the PSU was getting weak and the HDD was on its way out. Yea, a PSU and a HDD and they said he needed a new computer.... This computer was hit by lightning, well, the pole outside was hit and even though he has a surge protector, some of the power obviously made it through and damaged the PSU and HDD. So I found a PSU and HDD for him at absolutely SMOKING prices and ordered them up.

I received them yesterday as stated and installed them today. Right now I'm in the process of cloning his old drive to the new drive which just completed and now I need to go into the BIOS and swap over the boot drive and this computer should be ready to go. And with the new PSU, he now has options on updating his computer in the future. And it adds a 120mm fan to the case which this case has NO fans other than the CPU cooler. So this is better in every way!

so that is what I have been up to as of today but there is a LOT more work that needs to get done. It seems it never ends lol.

6. Tony

Good Monday Morning to you all!

7. Tony

Super busy past couple of days. Have not hardly left the house other than to get more packing tape for some shipments.

How are all of ya'll doing? Post up and let us know.

8. Tony

Been quite busy with other projects and flat have not had the time to get out to the garage. And I think plans may be changing on the camaro..

9. Tony

It's unfortunate. No matter how hard I try, it never seems to be enough...

10. Tony

Just finished mowing the yard. You know, having something around 2.5 acres is nice. You can put all kinds of crap on 2.5 acres. Then you realize just how much crap you actually have when you have to mow around said crap after 3 weeks of not being able to mow because of rain!!! My yard and my grandmothers yard was over grown, so I raised the height of my mower deck to compensate and it was still horrible. I'm going to have brown streaks in my yard for weeks after the cut grass browns out lol.

I did end up sucking up a pair of shoes (who leaves their shoes outside... ugh) and a garden hose that was NOT where I left it. So I figured getting that hose out would be a good time to park under a shade tree and get away from that blaring sun. I pull under the tree, and a cloud covers the sun. Whatever, I needed a break. Took the mower deck off my tractor, removed the hose, drove back over the mower deck to install it and went to start mowing again. And of course the sun comes back out without a moment to spare. Hours is the hot ass sun mowing an overgrown yard with too much crap in it... I'm tired and ready for a shower, dinner and then bed!!!

11. Tony

Well, this is unfortunate...

12. Paulster2

Paulster2 My VTEC Won't VTEC...

Government Weenie
    Home Page:
    I bought an Anet A8 3d printer. I set it up yesterday and ran my first prints today. Still working though how the thing works, but it's pretty kewl. Now I just need to figure out what I'm supposed to be printing for myself besides fidget spinners ...

13. Tony

I've thought about getting one of those. They are only like $130 or so shipped to my door. But really thinking about just paying more and getting a larger bet to print on.