1. Hello Guest, if you are having any kind of issues with the site, please email Admin@BrokeAuto.com and let me know what is going on. I will do what I can to get the issue resolved quickly. This site is still a work in progress and there is a lot to be done so any info you can give me will really help. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have disabled email verification due to some email issues. Now, just fill out your info and your done. I have also gotten rid of the reCaptcha and I'm now doing a noCaptcha where you just click a check box. Super simple and faster than ever! Please let us know if you have any issues or need to be verified. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

What does your vehicle mean to you?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by SDavis2702, Mar 3, 2018.

1. SDavis2702

SDavis2702 Member

Web developer
    Home Page:
    I just participated in a similar thread over on Camaro6 and I enjoyed writing out my response. Would love to hear from you guys.

Why did you buy a {your car of choice}?

Has it changed your life for better, or worse? In what way?

Does having a {your car of choice} cause you to think differently about transportation and cars in general?

Do the people around you approve of your car? If not, why? Do you care?

What is the purpose of your car, personally? What does it say about you?

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Why did you buy a 1996 Camaro?
    Because I had a 1995 Camaro Z28 and when the engine was completely worn out in it, I was able to trade it in and they paid me $5.00 less than I initially paid for it. I purchased a 2001 WS6, but because paperwork got screwed up I was not able to keep it. Friggin legal system... I ended up buying something else for the time being, but it ate at me to get another one. I found this 1996 for a decent price since the owner couldn't figure out to replace the opti and a shift solenoid. I drove this thing from oklahoma city all the way to my house in second gear which was about 55 miles lol, and when I got there, put a shift solenoid in it, started shifting great and replaced the opti to get rid of the low res code even though the car was running fine.

Has it changed your life for better, or worse? In what way?
    It has taught me more about the 4th gen cars in general. I learned a lot with my 95, but my 96 has taught me so much more. From suspension to the auto to manual swap, it has been a learning experience and all in all a pretty good time.

Does having a 1996 Camaro cause you to think differently about transportation and cars in general?
    No, not really. It's a car, it sounds good and that's about it. But me personally, and I think I'm the only one that does this, when I'm driving a car, I am thinking about what the car is going through. High RPM, what is the oil level in the oil pan? Are the clutches in the trans grabbing tight enough to not slip and get power to the wheels, for a manual, how are the gears meshing, am I wearing it out somehow. You know, normal every day stuff lmao.

Do the people around you approve of your car? If not, why? Do you care?
    They don't have a choice. I tried to sell it and when I started getting offers I started realizing what I went through when I sold my 95. So it is still here, worn out engine and all. But overall, everyone approves of it, even if it is killing grass in the yard because I never drive the thing lol.

What is the purpose of your car, personally? What does it say about you?
    The purpose of the car in the beginning was a DD (Daily Driver). I would drive it about 90 miles a day to and from work and it did its job. Now days though my commute to work is getting out of bed and heading for the coffee pot so it doesn't get used much. As for what it says about me? Well, in all honesty, I guess that I'm lazy. Headliner is torn, driver seat is torn, engine leaks more oil than the exxon and the right front keeps going flat because the chrome is peeling off the wheel. lol. But this is mainly a money vs time situation. When I have the money, I have no time. When I have the time, then I have no money lol.

NEXT!!!